How can we improve Money Pro?

Refunds and Credits

How to handle Refunds and Credits without creating "Income" categories for every Refund transaction.
After all a Refund or Credit is not strictly INCOME.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RonRon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the solution, all transactions have now been corrected...........

Thanks Anonymous....... that seems to work but the solution would be even better if the figures in the ( ) were shown on a "green" background when posted, that would be much easier to identify the transaction as "positive"..........

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

U can easy that for use it as expenses
        i.e. Purchase $50 and make a refund.

You can entry as expenses and marks "+/-"
        As a result will show (50.00)

I'm very surprised that no one else has experienced this fundamental problem in Money Pro
        How do most users handle REFUNDS and CREDITS.........?????

I notice that there hasn't been any comment from the iBearSoft developers/experts !!

• SanDiegoSanDiego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - I totally agree on that one. You order clothes online worth your whole budget but only keep half of it and still money pro displays you've spent the whole budget just because you can't have income in the expense categories

• paul.hixsonpaul.hixson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RETURN CREDIT:

We really need a way to enter a returned credit for goods in the expense account rather than a separate income account. This is instrumental in evaluating budgets. If I spend $500 on clothing in a month but return $300 of it, i actually only spent $200. Right now there is no way to track
        this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great option which can be turned on or off in settings.
        For example i spend 500 on dining out using my credit card and my friend pays me 200 for his share in cash. I want to log the income agains the dining out expense.

• BraamBraam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We live in a world of "Returning" goods. It will really be helpful if the app can allow for logging the return income against the original expense category. (Like MS Money)

Another MS Money feature I miss during my first testing is the ability to exclude accounts from my budget!

Many thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base