How can we improve Money Pro?

Purge old data

Purge transactions.
After years of use. I wish we could purge data and clean up transactions older than 5 years.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ederontiverosederontiveros shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Kelly-Van DomelenJason Kelly-Van Domelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized this thread is under "Money Pro"... I'm still using Checkbook HD because I don't see the benefit of paying $4.99 for Pro when I've already paid for HD. Same comment still applies, though.

• Jason Kelly-Van DomelenJason Kelly-Van Domelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, although I've got over 5 years worth of data and didn't have trouble until I switched to using an iPhone. Strangely, it performed better on an older iPad mini running the same OS (iOS 10.3.2) than it does on the iPhone with a newer chipset. I think this should be tied into the Export feature (i.e., Export last year's transactions, then be given a choice to purge them from the app).

• WaveWave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Money Pro has slowed down with 1.5 years of data in it, especially during transaction import. It would be nice if the data could be split out at year end and pull the account balances forward into a new year data file.

• James MoffatJames Moffat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Archive of accounts for past years stored off line in iCloud, rather then on the device.

What specific years can be chosen by the year, say all historical data from 2 years back to be stored on iCloud ....

• ShawnShawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloudbacko Pro can give backup and helps restoring also i am basically using this software from long time and really satisfied using this software. Selectively backup emails, contacts and calendars of individual mailboxes

• MufinadMufinad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app is great, but when you have years of data, it slows the app down. There should be a way to purge transactions from past months or years to keep the app speed optimized.

• BettyBetty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a look on this software for Exchange Database through Ahsay backup software. It should Backup and Restore Microsoft Exchange Server is Simply a Breeze When using Ahsay™ Microsoft Exchange Backup Module in conjunction with AhsayOBM client-side backup application, backup and restore the whole information store of Microsoft Exchange Server can be done easily. Database hot backup. Fast multi-thread backup. In-File Delta incremental backup. Flexible scheduling. Unlimited retention. Secure 256-bit encryption. Local, LAN / WAN backup. Ahsay also provides us Exchange DAG backup and Exchange mail-level backup. Leaving a link below just check: http://www.ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/index.jsp?pageContentKey=ahsay_products_overview

• PogsPogs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to edit the details of my income and expenditures over a period , per account. It is also possible to get this detail SCREEN per period as you have added in the last update but I hope it can be printed on paper without having to go through an import. I wished a state that resume operation details of a period with the date, the wording of the expenditure or revenue , the amount and the balance after taking account of the operation.

Would it be possible to add this feature?

thanking you in advance

• MarceloMarcelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Money Pro Heavy User since 2013, and i dont know how to era-se transactions in a range of data , because my database is to big and te operations became so slow.
        Is it possible ? How ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want a feature like deleting old transaction before a certain day

The remaining balance still the same

So from that day backward there is only one record as calculation summary

I want this feature to archive old transaction more than 3 years, and to minimize my database size so sync time to icloud can be fast,

Currently i'm experiencing 'not well sync' between my iphone & ipad

• Amjad Shamim SaigalAmjad Shamim Saigal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My data file has become aprox 8GB and now lot of times it hangs up or takes a lot of time to enter data.
        I don't know, if different profiles use the same database or separate. But if we could use separate profiles with separate databases for something like each year. And we could close the accounts and move data into new year by only exporting the current balances and future transactions into the newer year. That would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base