How can we improve Money?

Use dropbox for sync so you can sync Mac/iOS/Android instead of just Apple platforms

At the moment sync only works on Apple platforms because it's done via iCloud. I propose using Dropbox (they have an API for developers to use it for cloud storage, like iCloud but not tied to any one platform, https://www.dropbox.com/developers) or a similar service to sync the Android, iOS and Mac clients. It's better than just forcing everyone on to apple platforms if they want sync.

I have an Android phone, iPad tablet and Mac, and wish they all worked together.

439 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas HambletonThomas Hambleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two Macs one iPad and one Android. I need sync between Apple devices and my Android device

• Simon WelchSimon Welch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having no issues with iCloud sync, but worry about the lack of a simple external backup solutio. Dropbox would be a great place to copy a backup to.

• ИльяИлья commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Присоединяюсь к мнению и просьбам всех, кто упомянул о "Семейной синхронизации" или любой другой типа Dropbox-синхронизации!

Using dropbox for syncing purposes might solve problems with syncing with ios8 (newer devices) and ios7/6 (older devices). With the latest versions of money, i was not able to sync my iphone4 to yosemite which the money app in there forces me to use icloud drive which i could use in iphone 4.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have problems with syncing my iPad and my wife's iPhone. It will help you to make better sync.

Hi, i´d like to use dropbox for sync, or another way, cause i have android phone, and macbook air.

• Filippob90Filippob90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think that it is one of the most complete app for control your money. unfortunately i have switch from ios to android and this isn't available on google store. i'm trying to gain vote to focus the interest of engineer to start working on an android version of checkbook, please give me your vote: http://feedback.ibearsoft.com/forums/158975-checkbook-hd/suggestions/5496207-checkbook-for-android

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dropbox sync would be very useful as me and my wife want to track our spendings together and it makes it very difficult when you have to sync via icloud or Bluetooth.

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The drop box sync is not working...keeps asking me to update the app but there are no updates available.

• DanielebronDanielebron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last Money version for android says "compatibility with iphone, ipad, mac versions"
        Thats mean that sync for all of them is allready?

• EduardoEduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after the last update of the money for mac (version 6.5.1), the backup file is no longer working with the money for android

Родные мои разработчики, пожалуйста добавьте донную возможность, очень нужно!

icloud unfortunately hardly works. I tried the "clear all" solution and it still trying to sync... We have pay for this feature, please find a way to work even if it is Apple to blame. Other similar applications works fine with dropbox. It is important to move on quickly with that.

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for me as a user with iPad and android phone ... It's keeping me purchasing what seems to be a great app... On another note, being able to import from CSV from my current app is important

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base