How can we improve Checkbook HD?

Allow other .csv, .qif files to be imported

If you allowed .csv files from other apps to be imported it would make it easier for users to switch to your app without having to re-type all the information and transactions. Thanks

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CherylCheryl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing .csv files seems like a basic requirement. My bank exports as .csv, not .ofx.

• BridgetBridget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So now I understand why, after following all the steps to import my MS Money "qif" file to Ibear Money - it won't work because it is not an OFX file. Naturally blond, fell for the sales pitch that I could import from my current money management program- a program I have used for over 15 years. So I guess the solution, is to start fresh?? Acckkkkk!!

• Paul K.Paul K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, your import file system is extremely limited and that is just not a good marketing strategy. Make it difficult for the consumer and you will have less purchases.

• Danny WrenchDanny Wrench commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree, I have years worth of data in another app. Would love to switch to this one because of iCloud sync. But, this is the only thing holding me back.
        I don't want to have to re-enter years worth of data, when a simple import of .cvs, qif would do. Most apps, give the options of import and export in these two formats. Don't understand why this one don't???
        Thanks

•  Money do this? Money do this? commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I am looking for an iPad app that can import from Microsoft Money, including recurring bills, budgets and cashflow. Can

• AnastasiaAdminAnastasia (Admin, iBear LLC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Login and password you use to log it to your bank's website and your direct connect access credentials may differ. Please contact your bank support to check on that.

It may also be an issue that you need to activate Direct Connect service.

The very first thing you need to do is to contact your bank and confirm that they provide Direct Connect service. If yes, you need to ask them for specific parameters. Feel free to use this template: 

----------------- 

Hello,

I want to use Direct Connect access to my accounts so that I could download transactions data directly to my Personal Finance Management app I downloaded from the AppStore (http://ibearsoft.com/Checkbook-HD). It is supported by almost all US banks (including Chase, BofA, etc.).
        Most of the US financial institutions work with OFX so I conclude your banking software may work as well.

It asks for connection settings("FI id", "FI Org", "FI Url") for the bank's server and direct connect login and password.

What are our next steps to activate this feature and how to get connection settings?

------------

• AnastasiaAdminAnastasia (Admin, iBear LLC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Login and password you use to log it to your bank's website and your direct connect access credentials may differ. Please contact your bank support to check on that.

It may also be an issue that you need to activate Direct Connect service.

The very first thing you need to do is to contact your bank and confirm that they provide Direct Connect service. If yes, you need to ask them for specific parameters. Feel free to use this template: 

----------------- 

Hello,

I want to use Direct Connect access to my accounts so that I could download transactions data directly to my Personal Finance Management app I downloaded from the AppStore (http://ibearsoft.com/Checkbook-HD). It is supported by almost all US banks (including Chase, BofA, etc.).
        Most of the US financial institutions work with OFX so I conclude your banking software may work as well.

It asks for connection settings("FI id", "FI Org", "FI Url") for the bank's server and direct connect login and password.

What are our next steps to activate this feature and how to get connection settings?

------------

Hello,
        Sure! you may import yur financila information via OFX files downloaded from your bank's site.

Open Financial Exchange (OFX) is a data-stream format for exchanging financial information. Because each bank is different, you will need to check on their website on how to manually download an OFX statement.

In order to import it, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open the export form in the app;

2. Connect your device to iTunes; 

3. On the left side of iTunes in the section "Devices" you should click an icon with a picture of your device; 

4. Now choose the section "Apps" on the top of the page; 

5. Scroll the page down and find the section called "File sharing"; 

6. In the list below choose your app (Checkbook) and click it; 

7. Your file wil be there

8. After that it will be on the export form and you will be able to import your data.

Hello,
        You can add a new bank yourself.

----------------- 

Hello,

------------

Feedback and Knowledge Base